All Rachel Saunders ceramic items are handcrafted in Victoria, Canada. Each piece is made in small batches causing variations in form and finish to occur amongst each unique, handmade piece. Variations may include but are not limited to colour, glaze, texture, and size. Glaze variations can include but are not limited to: minor pinholes, glaze thickness and minor freckles/specks. Variations are not considered defects and will not be eligible for return or refund. All items are food safe and made with non-toxic materials unless stated otherwise. Items are dishwasher safe, though hand washing is recommended to properly care for your piece.
Stoneware is a semi-porous material, sweating and condensation naturally occur and can leave watermarks on surfaces. Rachel Saunders Ceramics is not responsible for marks left on surfaces that vessels may leave.
Made to order items take approximately 2-3 weeks to create and ship. All items are subject to longer production times due to the delicate and particular process in which they are created. All purchases are final sale. We do not accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations at this time.
We host sample sales biannually, where prototypes and pieces with minor to major imperfections are sold. These imperfections include but are not limited to: glaze irregularities (pinholes, drips, speckles, crazing and variations in glaze thickness), cracks and shape irregularities. Photographs of items on the website will show the most significant imperfections and do not show every possible imperfection.The item you receive may differ in appearance from the item shown on the product page. All purchases are final sale and we do not accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations at this time.
The Found Collection
The Found Collection is composed of a curated selection of previously loved and vintage pieces. Their condition will likely reflect this, though any significant wear will be noted. A portion of all sales are donated to a rotating selection of environmental foundations focusing on the protection and conservation of the planet. All purchases are final sale. We do not accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations at this time.
1. The buyer agrees that they are responsible for any duty, taxes, and expenses associated with importing products purchased from us when shipping internationally. All taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the purchaser, these fees are not included in the shipping costs.
2. All orders shipped within Canada are sent via UPS or Canada Post. All International orders are sent via UPS where available.
3. Processing time for all standard ready to ship orders is approximately 1-5 business days. For Sample Sale and Holiday orders, please allow 1-2 weeks for order processing.
4. We cannot guarantee delivery times, however, you should receive your delivery within 2-7 working days from the shipment date within North America.
5. We ship worldwide and to all international destinations. International delivery times vary between 2 – 18 days depending on your location.
6. If you would like a shipping time estimate for your purchase and you are outside of the regular destination countries, please contact us and we will give you a more precise shipping estimate and quote for your destination.
7. Rachel Saunders Ceramics is not responsible for delays caused by customs. Shipping times may exceed the estimate due to factors outside of our control.
8. Tracking info will be provided with every order, though the buyer assumes all responsibility once the order has left our premises.
Damaged, Stolen or Lost orders:
9. If a package is lost or stolen and is protected through Route, you can initiate your claim here, please note the timeframe your claim will be accepted within below.
If the buyer opted out of Route during the checkout process, a claim needs to be filed with the shipping service provider used and not with Rachel Saunders Ceramics. If a package shows that it has been delivered through the tracking number and the customer is unable to locate their package, Rachel Saunders Ceramics is not responsible and will not issue a refund or store credit. The products covered by each contract (i.e. accepted order) are at your risk upon delivery of the order to the carrier. Rachel Saunders Ceramics cannot be held responsible for late or missing deliveries.
10. In the event that an item is damaged during shipping, please start your Route claim here within 15 days from the delivery date to arrange a refund or replacement.
If you opted out of Route package protection and the item you receive has incurred damage during transit, Rachel Saunders Ceramics is not responsible for providing reimbursement or replacement. The buyer assumes this responsibility by opting out of package insurance.
11. Route Package Protection policies can be found here.
Please note the following timeframes a claim can be made within. If a claim is not approved because it was made outside of this time period, Rachel Saunders Ceramics is not responsible for providing reimbursement or replacement.
Claim must be filed within 15 days from the delivery date to arrange a refund or replacement visa Route.
Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered stolen, and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not mis-delivered or easily found around the premises.
Please note that packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the last tracking update for Canadian domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
12. Packages refused or returned will be subject to our restocking fee of 10% per item to help recoup the time, labor, and materials that contribute to fulfilling an order. The restocking fee contributes to processing orders and providing thoughtful, timely customer service.
1. The terms and conditions set out below are to be applied to the use of this website. By using this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use this website.
2. In these terms and conditions, the expressions “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to ‘Rachel Saunders Ceramics'.
3. By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price.
4. We will communicate acceptance of your offer after we receive confirmation of your payment being processed. We will send you an acknowledgement e-mail confirming acceptance of your order
5. All prices stated on the website are in United States Dollar (USD) Rachel Saunders Ceramics does not accept returns. If there is a defect or problem with your order please contact us within 5 business days with photos and we will be happy to assist you.
6. All sales are final. Exchanges and cancellations are not permitted.